May 19, 2021
Please have a listen to Fr. Walter’s explanation of our new Covid guidelines.
Following the CDC and The Archdiocese of New York recommendations, we are updating our Covid policies:
- Masks – Those who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear masks. Those who would still prefer to wear a mask certainly can. Those who are not vaccinated are still required to wear a mask.
- Social Distancing – Similarly, those who are fully vaccinated do not need to distance socially, but those who would prefer to certainly can. If you have not been vaccinated, you are required to follow social distancing guidelines. If you see someone wearing a mask, please kindly allow them to stay socially distant.
- Communion Line – When you line up for Communion, please be considerate of those around you. Again, if someone is wearing a mask, please allow them to stay socially distant.
- Receiving Holy Communion – We will continue our directions for receiving Communion:
- St. Vincent Ferrer: If you would like to receive in the hand, please use the center aisle. If you would prefer to receive on the tongue, please go to the Communion rail in front of the Friars’ Chapel.
- St. Catherine of Siena: If you would like to receive in the hand, please approach the Communion rail first, using all available spots. If you would prefer to receive on the tongue, please wait until the end of Communion to approach the rail.
- For all receiving Communion, we ask you to consume the Host immediately, instead of walking away with the Host.
- At our communion rails, we will continue to observe social distancing until July 4.
- Priest Distributing Communion – In consideration of those who prefer to use masks, our priests will continue to use hand sanitizer and wear masks when they distribute Communion. But as our priests are fully vaccinated, beginning July 4, our priests will no longer wear masks during distribution.
Overall, in this transition, we trust your patience and especially your Christian charity.