The Dominican Healthcare Ministry (DHM) is a devoted service promoting the dignity of the human person and the healing ministry of Jesus Christ through pastoral care, education, ethical consultation, and prayer. As a ministry of the Dominican Province of Saint Joseph collaborating with the Archdiocese of New York, they are at the service of the healthcare community in New York City and beyond. You can learn more about the Dominican Healthcare Ministry by visiting the About Us page on their website for more on what they do.
On Thursday evenings, the Dominican Healthcare Ministry sponsors Eucharistic Adoration after the 5:15 PM Mass at St. Catherine of Siena Church.
Priests from Dominican Healthcare Ministry provide daily spiritual care to patients at:
- Hospital for Special Surgery (hss.edu)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (mskcc.org)
- Archcare at Mary Manning Walsh Home (archcare.org/nursing-homes/mary-manning-walsh)
Dominican Healthcare Ministry also provides supplemental services for urgent or emergency needs, in coordination with hospital chaplaincy offices, at:
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center (nyp.org)
- Bellevue Hospital (nychealthandhospitals.org/locations/bellevue)
- Coler Specialty Hospital (nychealthandhospitals.org/locations/coler)
- Lenox Hill Hospital (lenoxhill.northwell.edu)
- The Mt. Sinai Hospital (mountsinai.org)
- ArchCare at Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center (archcare.org/nursing-homes/terence-cardinal-cooke)
- Other Hospitals and Healthcare Institutions on the East Side of Manhattan