Our in-person sessions will be adapted to meet Archdiocese of New York safety protocols. The following modifications will be in effect for the upcoming year, but may be revised at any time as the situation develops:
- The first day of sessions will be Sunday, September 18, 2022.
- In-person sessions will be limited to 10 children per session for Level 1 and 12 children per session for Levels 2 & 3 at St. Catherine of Siena and 10 youth per session at St. Vincent Ferrer.
- The Atrium or classroom will be cleaned and disinfected before and after sessions.
- We will have an air purifier running in the Atrium since there are no windows in that space. Our facilities at St. Vincent Ferrer have windows.
- Please bring children to the vestibule outside the Atrium.
- Adults and children will use hand sanitizer before entering the Atrium or classroom.
- There will be no eating in the Atrium or classroom. Please ensure your child has a snack before coming to religious education.
- If a child begins to exhibit symptoms of illness during a session, we will call a parent or caregiver to pick them up as soon as possible.
If Positive for COVID-19
Young people and adults who test positive for COVID-19 must stay home from parish faith formation for five days. Youth people and adults can return to parish faith formation on Day 6 if they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms have improved and must wear a mask for 10 days after their symptoms began or positive test date (whichever is earlier).
Young people and adults, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask when returning after testing positive for COVID-19 through Day 10 after their symptoms began or positive test date (whichever is earlier). Young people and adults, regardless of vaccination status, should strongly consider wearing a mask after being exposed to someone who has COVID-19 for 10 days. Anyone may choose to wear a mask all the time or when it makes them feel comfortable.